Our customer is the world's largest chemical company with over 120,000 employees worldwide. Here we are currently looking for a direct placement in permanent employment at the Cologne location for a
Java Teamlead / Architect (m/f/d)
The job description:
- As Java Teamlead / Architect (m/f/d) you are responsible for the backend development and operation within a worldwide operating Digital Farming Unit of our DAX client
- Within your agile development team you take over the technical responsibility
- Together with your project team, you translate the business requirements of digital farming into IT requirements and concrete technical implementations throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- You are responsible for defining the right architectural components, concepts, interface specification and development, ideally with a good understanding of the business and a scientific and/or GIS background.
- In addition, you will participate in all phases of product leadership and the development lifecycle, including writing epics and user stories, and support sprint planning in our agile development setup.
- In addition, you will work closely with product engineers, solution architects and software developers, as well as the commercial operations team.
- Degree in computer science, natural sciences, engineering, mathematics or related fields and several years of professional experience
- practical experience in the role of lead developer or technical project management
- Profound knowledge of modern scalable and production-ready Java-based microservices
- Experience in connecting Postgres-based RDBMS systems and in AWS cloud-based environments for server-based and serverless architectures and on Linux-based systems
- Excellent communication and analysis skills
- Fluent English, ideally good German